The Creamiest Mushroom Soup!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 750 g fresh brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine (any dry red or white wine)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half (sub with evaporated milk)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley and thyme to serve
Heat butter and oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until melted. Add onions and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until softened. Cook garlic until fragrant.
Add 2 teaspoons of thyme and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. pour in wine and cook for 3 minutes.
Coat mushrooms with flour, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, mix and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-medium and season with salt, pepper and crumbled bouillon cubes.
Cover and simmer. Stir occasionally until thickened for 10-15 minutes.
Reduce heat to low, stir in cream or half and half. Allow to gently simmer (do not boil). Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
Mix in parsley and remaining thyme. Serve & enjoy!