Royal Baby Blue Lentils, Zucchini, Haloumi and Tomato
- ½ cup dirt(y) royal baby blue lentils
- ¼ cup Natures Lane quinoa seeds
- 2 zucchini, cut into long strips or ‘ribbons’ (use a mandolin for ease)
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch basil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 250g haloumi cheese
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt flakes and cracked pepper
Soak the quinoa for 30 mins then rinse well until the water runs clear.
Place in a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 5 mins. Remove lid and simmer a further 5 mins. Remove from heat and leave for 5 mins or until most of the water has been absorbed. Drain, season and set aside.
Pop the baby blue lentils into a saucepan and cover with 5 times their volume of cold water and simmer until al dente (approx. 12 – 15 mins).
Heat up a grill plate or heavy pan, grill the haloumi on both sides till ‘smokey’ and coloured. Remove and rip into bite size pieces when cool.
Lightly oil and season the zucchini strips, then grill until coloured.