- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1L vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook 1-2mins until slightly transparent (not browned).
Add spices, and stir stir till fragrant (30 seconds).
Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to low and simmer for 30 mins until all veg is soft. Remove pan from heat and blend until smooth.
Serve. Stir through cream once served and season.