Our Nothing Beats Home Made Hommus
- 100g ((½ cup) dirt(y) kabuli chickpeas
- 1 clove Australian garlic
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes
- 30ml lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Cracked black pepperur Nothing Beats Home Made Hommus
Get started the night before by soaking your chickpeas in plenty of cold water, in the fridge overnight.
Drain and discard the soak water.
Cook your chickpeas in 3 times their volume of cold water for about an hour. Drain and allow to cool a bit.
Toss the chickpeas and garlic in a food processor and blitz away! Add the olive oil (reserving a little to finish), salt, tahini and lemon juice, then have another little blitz.
Transfer the hommus into a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley, lemon zest, a drizzle of olive oil and a bit of pepper just before serving.