- 1 generous handful of lettuce leaves (a Mesclun or Sweet Mix leaf) - ensure these are locally grown for absolute freshness and best taste
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely sliced
- 75g marinated Greek olives, drained
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 50g marinated feta (optional)
In a generous salad bowl combine all fresh ingredients – lettuce leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
Add the olives to your salad bowl and sprinkle over salt and oregano.
In a seperate jug use a whisk to combine the olive oil and white vinegar. Once whisked pour over your salad and use your ‘fairy’ fingers to gently coat the fresh ingredients.
Sprinkle with a marinated feta (optional), season with cracked black pepper and serve with a crusty loaf of fresh bread (as a suggestion).