Get Up And Beetroot Burgers
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g oats
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 4 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the grated betroot and carrot and cook, stirring often, for 5 mins until soft. Drain away any excess liquid.
Place the oats, chickpeas, tahini and egg yolk in a food processor and pulse. Tip the mixture into a bowl and stir in the grated vegetables, spring onions and coriander. Season.
Divide the mixture into six and shape into burgers, laying them on a stiff board on baking paper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 mins ( thee can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours prior to cooking). 4. Took cook heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the burgers for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden.