We’ll get excited for the cooler weather if we can come home to this vibrant, organic beetroot soup!
- Olive oil, to grease
- 1/2 cup (80g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (185ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
- 2 (about 300g) Goodness Me Fresh Organic Certified carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup (80g) CSR Pure Icing Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250g spreadable cream cheese
Preheat oven to 170C or 150C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm (base) round cake pan lightly with oil, and line with non-stick baking paper.
Put the brown sugar, oil, golden syrup, eggs and vanilla in a separate bowl. Use a balloon whisk to mix until combined.
Sift the flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a large bowl.
Pour the oil mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to stir gently until just combined. Stir in the grated carrot.
Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 1 hour. Set aside for 5 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the icing, place the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined.
Spread the icing over the cake.
Recipe Inspo: https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/carrot-cake-3/58531339-dfb0-4596-838f-9113fa39c271